Sexually Immoral People Tell Me That It's Not Them But Me Who's Making This World Worse

I shouldn't be surprised at sexually immoral people tell me that I'm making the world worse. What's their idea of a better world? I could imagine what their perverted minds think of what a better world is: a world without moral absolutes, a world where they can sin without having to pay the consequences and for the atheists among them the want a world without God. The bad news (at least for them) is that these can't happen. Just think of how some atheists have often expressed how they wish God would disappear and stop intervening with their lives.

Some of them nitpick on whatever sins I struggle with. I'm not proud that I have my tendencies to be dishonest for my convenience or lose my temper over the slightest issues. But for the world one Christian's sin is more heinous than the millions of sins that their own commits. It's like how David's life was a mess after his adultery with Bathsheba (2 Samuel 16:13) while wicked kings still keep getting praised in spite of all their wickedness. the world today is no different with how popular, unsaved people still keep getting praised by the world even if all their wickedness is wide open. A pastor of God falls into sin and the world hates him more. A Roman Catholic priest keeps raping altar boys and/or commits fornication or adultery yet he's still well loved by his flock.

I'm accused of hatred even if I'm not calling for a massacre of homosexuals. They say that I'm no better than an Islamic extremist when I tell them that sexual immorality is sexual immorality or that same sex marriage is an abomination before God. They say that I'm just one step closer to becoming a religious extremist even when I'm telling them the truth they could see their need for repentance. It's because for the lost world to love means to tolerate error. But true love tolerates no error but seeks to correct it for the welfare of others. If they can confuse love and lust then certainly they can confuse condoning error with love.

It's times like this I feel like I just want to lose my temper and get even with these people. Sometimes, I even feel like I want to call a campaign, take the law into my own hands and to put sexually immoral people to death by stoning. On the other hand, that's not God's way. The Old Testament still demanded proper due process before death penalty was carried out towards sexually immoral people. The same book that tells me to rebuke evil (Ephesians 5:11) is the same book that tells me not to sin when I'm angry (Ephesians 4:26) and to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). I know it's going to be a long, hard journey and I would be foolish not to expect persecution and hardship in the Christian life. Also, the enemies are not sexually immoral people but Satan and his demons who are blinding them (Ephesians 6:10-23). I have to be loving to them even when they accuse me of hating them. But I need God's grace to endure this difficult ordeal whenever I'm falsely accused. 

See also: