I'm Struck by This Testimony of Calling Me to Love My Enemies

Forgiveness can easily be confused with, "I forgive that person? That means I have to condone to all the wrong that person did! I'd better beat him up!" So many times it's easy for me to confuse justice with revenge and forgiveness with impunity. 

In this video, a Hindu extremist starts beating up a young pastor several times. The pastor just kept praying for the Hindu extremist. Later this same person who beat up the pastor got saved and became a follower of Jesus. Would have the pastor had his revenge against the Hindu extremist, I don't think that the latter would have become a Christian. 

What's the lesson for me to learn? I owed the Father I debt I could not pay. I don't deserve forgiveness so why should I say so and so doesn't deserve it. It hurts to be insulted. It hurts to be persecuted. I want to really get even and cause bodily harm to people who reject the Gospel. God give me the strength to be like this pastor!