When I Fail to Pray to God For Guidance, I Fail to Do Good When I Should

It's very easy to forget at times that when I got saved that I'm left on my own. No, I'm not left on my own to produce fruit on my own. The Christian growth has always been God working in the believer and the believer working out in godly fear and trembling (Philippians 2:13-14). There's always the issue that when I fail, it's because I didn't really pray hard for guidance.

Stuff that I find hard to do is like not losing my temper when things go wrong and dealing with mean people here and there. There's always mean people to deal with and it's no surprise. I really want to get even. I want to really say, "Lord what's the use of praying for that person? That person's always hurting me! I can't take it!" 

True I can't take it but God can take it. God gives the Christian the grace to do what they can't do. I felt that the more I spent time with God, the more I find myself able to do what I normally wouldn't do because of the old nature. That's why I always felt that it's always best to keep praying for those who hurt me. One person who I used to have a clash with a couple of times is now a Bible-believing Christian. Only by frequent communion with God can I overcome whatever weaknesses I have.