This Picture Tells Me How I Should Respond to My False Accusers...

I have many false accusers and many of them always seek to hurt me. Part of me says to get even but whenever I ask advice about my false accusers, I really can only remember this advice: FORGIVE. Matthew 5:43-48 and Luke 6:27-35 gives the advice that I must love my enemies. I really want to say, "WHAT?!" Then I remember this truth that I don't deserve forgiveness at all. I only deserve Hell. Forgiveness and salvation has been all about life-changing mercy and not one's effort to earn it.

Now what does it mean to forgive people even those who are not sorry for their actions? Well it doesn't mean I condone to their sins. It means I don't hold grudges. It means I leave it to God and instead of wanting Him to avenge me, I would be praying, "As we forgive those who sin against me as you forgive me for sinning against You." It's difficult to forgive but God's grace makes it easy. Many times, it's easier said than done but by God's grace forgiveness is easier done than said. God's grace makes doing the difficult easier because He changes the heart of stone to a heart of flesh. 

Instead of getting even, I really thought of this advice. Return evil with kindness. Proverbs 25:22 and Romans 12:20 gives this advice. If my enemy be hungry, I should give him food. If he be thirsty, give him drink. It will make them realize they're wrong. My experience with throwing revenge just made it worse. But the moment I spat at myself for plotting revenge, the more I realized that it's not cowardice because it takes a lot more courage to forgive than to hate.