I Shouldn't Expect an Easy Road Until I'm Home with the LORD

2017 is coming to an end and 2018 is coming soon. The world isn't getting any better and we're already in the last days. Ever since the Lord Jesus returned to Heaven the last days begun from the apostles. I don't know how many last days are remaining and prophecy is fulfilled. The more I read the Bible and the watch the news the more I'm convinced that they match.

Matthew 7:13-14 says that the way to life is narrow. Is it easy to cross a narrow road? Absolutely not. The road to life is narrow. Salvation is free but the Christian life is full of struggles. The Christian life will be hard. Jesus said in John 15:18-19 that Christians will be hate by the world. They will also be persecuted by people who think they're doing God a favor (John 16:2). The Christian life was never a call for ease on Earth but a struggle.

There's one comfort I have in trials and troubles is that I can make them out by God's grace. Philippians 2:12-13 talks about working out one's salvation in fear and trembling. John 15:1-18 says that there's lot of pruning to do. The good news is that God's grace is there to help the Christian live soberly and righteously in this wicked world (Titus 2:11-14). Yet God is faithful not test us beyond what we are able (1 Corinthians 10:13). 

My confidence is that because God is able so I can withstand the tests. Apart from God I have no true power against sin. I have power against sin because I'm saved. I can only say that God's grace is what keeps me going. I rely on myself and I expect to backslide. Fortunately, the fact that I'm saved means I can't enjoy sin. Struggling with sin is what the Christian life is all about. You can't have a Christian life without struggles prior to glorification. Doing good doesn't always get me right with everyone and it may cost me my life. 

See also: