Am I Showing Hatred or Sympathy For My False Accusers?

As the month ends I want to give on the point that part of me wants to forgive but the other side wants to persist in being unforgiving towards the false accusers. False accusations hurt and sometimes they need to be brought to court especially if the it could give me unwarranted punishment. While justice must be served but there's one duty that I must have is to pray for my false accusers. I could look at the account of the crucifixion where Jesus asked His Father to forgive His enemies (Luke 22:34). 

Many times people think they know what they do but they don't. The fool tends to think that they know everything (Proverbs 12:15). It's because they spiritually blinded to the truth. There are even some people who think that the wickedness they do is for the glory of God (John 16:2). They have their high attitude of pride. It really tempts me to be hateful towards them. If that's so I would be no better than the Pharisees with my pride stuck in my head.

Instead, shouldn't I feel sorry for people who falsely accuse me? Jesus showed sympathy for people who hated Him. He rebuked them but it was out of love. There are times I find myself rebuking only to make a boast rather than to show my love and concern. Sometimes, I find myself tempted to get even with my false accusers even when I know the accusation isn't true. While I do have the right to sue anyone who has falsely accused me of a crime but why should I let minor false accusations ruin me my entire life? 

If there's one thing that I should keep in mind is that there's the blessedness of being falsely accused for Christ's sake (Matthew 5:11-12). It's an honor to suffer for the wrong reasons. It may be humanly speaking stupid to rejoice but this world is just passing. If I won't grow old then I would die young. If I won't die young I would grow old. Either way the world is just passing. The world is showing signs of decay so why am I getting to worked out on false accusations thrown by people who I should be praying for instead of hating them?

See also: