I See God's Wisdom in the Kosher Diet

Although I condemn the Seventh Day Adventists to be cultists and definitely not brethren - I still do some basic readings in Leviticus 11 in commentaries. I remembered being told that God's kosher diet is a picture of His wisdom. I even heard that the kosher diet is actually healthier even after God had already cleansed all the unclean animals for consumption under the New Testament. In my case, I usually prefer the meats of the Old Testament over pork. I do eat pork but I'd prefer to take the suggested diet of Leviticus 11 in terms of meat even if I do enjoy some fish without fins and scales.

I was looking at the wisdom of God in Leviticus 11. Why did he forbid eating certain meats way back before He gave Peter the vision on Acts 10? I decided to consult three commentaries namely "Thru the Bible Commentary", "Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible", and "John Gill's Exposition of the Bible" to get some answers. It turns out that a lot of these are rooted in science. 

So why was pork really banned? Personally, one reason why I do want to avoid pork is not that I believe in the nonsense of Seventh Day Adventism. If you've noticed there is the problem of tapeworms and that pork has to be more thoroughly cooked. Dr. Vernon McGee's commentary on Leviticus 11 shows that a pig seems to be constantly eating but not chew it. Do you know pork is still a difficult kind of meat to digest? I don't like to see pigs especially when they just eat anything including their own waste. A pig pen is really that dirty. that's why I really see God's wisdom in banning pork especially if they were in the desert. The "Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible" also says that in hot climates in the Middle East - it's liable to produce leprosy, scurvy, and various cutaneous eruptions. This is probably why Daniel and his three friends were healthier than the rest who ate the king's meat dishes. 

What's the big deal with fishes without fins and skins? Again, the problem also carries with the malignant orders in hot climates. Do you know many of these fish are scavengers? I heard that oysters actually end up cleaning the waters. I heard shrimps are scavengers. While I do eat them but a hot climate may not be the most ideal place. 

It's also the only natural to reject eating carnivores. So why do I reject eating of dogs and cats even under the New Testament? It has nothing to do with being a pet lover. It's more about safety issues to people eating carnivorous animals. They are getting more protein than their body needs. These animals are also home to more parasites. Scavenger birds were also considered unfit for consumption due to their unhealthy habits. I may be eating pork and fishes without fins and scales right now but some animals are better off not being eaten for health reasons. 

I even think that maybe Christians may consider switching to a more kosher diet or at least trying it. Beef may have higher cholesterol in its fats - that's why God discourages the eating of fat. Eating blood is also forbidden for health reasons too due to it being dirty. I think I've actually been happier eating less of the unclean meats and more of the clean meats the Bible prescribes even in the New Testament.