I'm Glad It's Not Christmas Every Day

I remembered a couple of secular movies that talked about the consequences of having Christmas every day. As much as these movies would rather focus on the non-existent Santa Claus than Jesus Christ who is the reason for all seasons - I really do have a comfort that it's not Christmas everyday. While I don't condemn Christians who celebrate Christmas without the pagan nonsense - after all it wasn't for the Incarnation there wouldn't be Good Friday and Easter Sunday! There would be no reason to commemorate the death of Christ if He wasn't born in human flesh to become the perfect sin sacrifice. 

However the rest of the world is so filled with so much debauchery and materialism during Christmas. How horrible would it be if everyday where Christmas. I could imagine if every night were Christmas Eve and every morning were Christmas day. It's already bad enough to see debauchery and materialism all year long - it even gets worse during Christmas! Can you imagine just how it'd be so bad to have your neighbor play loud music from night until morning and every day a drunken brawler goes out saying "Merry Christmas"? It's just a horrible sight to behold!

Besides, I think about why I personally tend to hate the Christmas season and why I don't get excited about it. I'm even glad there's still 363 days before December 25, 2019. It's for the reason that I hate doing groceries and shopping during the Christmas season. You've got people becoming more inconsiderate especially when Christmas is near. They are only thinking about themselves than people who would be spending the holidays in the streets. Worse, Christmas tends to become the most hypocritical time of the year. Christmas ends and all the forgiveness and reconciliation turns out to be fake!

If there's one good reason for everyday living is the grace of God. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will have eternal life. The truth of God and the that Jesus is the eternal Son of God is not confined in December. I may dread Christmas because of all the worldly ways of celebrating as it approaches but I can't dread Christ the reason for all seasons! Besides, Christmas is just a passing event but the truth of the incarnation of Christ is message that must be proclaimed throughout the whole year!

See also: