I Once Wanted to Reform Roman Catholicism But Found Out That It's Just Impossible to Do So

The Reformation has gone beyond its 500th year and now it's celebrating its 501st year. I was reading through Ligonier Ministries and here's an excerpt about the Reformation:
Martin Luther, a scholar, took quill in hand, dipped it in his inkwell and penned his 95 Theses on October 31, 1517. These were intended to spark a debate, to stir some soul-searching among his fellow brothers in the church. The 95 Theses sparked far more than a debate. The 95 Theses also revealed the church was far beyond rehabilitation. It needed a reformation. The church, and the world, would never be the same. 
One of Luther’s 95 Theses simply declares, “The Church’s true treasure is the gospel of Jesus Christ.” That alone is the meaning of Reformation Day. The church had lost sight of the gospel because it had long ago papered over the pages of God’s Word with layer upon layer of tradition. Tradition always brings about systems of works, of earning your way back to God. It was true of the Pharisees, and it was true of medieval Roman Catholicism. Didn’t Christ Himself say, “My yoke is easy and my burden is light?” Reformation Day celebrates the joyful beauty of the liberating gospel of Jesus Christ.

Luther once wanted to reform the Roman Catholic institution. This was the foolishness that I had when I was newly saved. I thought I could reform the Roman Catholic institution only because my Roman Catholic relatives would guilt induce me or I had friends stuck in the system. Yet, I found out it was impossible because if a church doesn't follow the Bible as its final authority then leave!

That's what Luther may have found out the hard way. There was no rehabilitation or reformation with Rome. It's war with the heresies of Rome! There's no way that a church that has so many unbiblical doctrines could be the true Church founded in 33 A.D. This was the real thing! There's no harmony between manmade doctrines and unbiblical traditions to the traditions of the Bible! None! There's no harmony between light and darkness! None!

Then I thought about Revelation 18:4. The Lord Jesus is calling out His elect out of said system. How can I still remain or want to reform a system that can't be reformed? It's impossible! It would be better for me to leave such a sinister system that refuses to be reformed biblically. Likewise, Luther was wise to no longer have to do anything with said system either!

See also: