Is it Hard for Me to Nudge My KJV-Onlyism?

I was thinking about it that some people I knew who were once strong KJV Only ended up renouncing it. They haven't criticized the KJV, they still believe that the KJV is an excellent translation. However, I've found myself having a hard time to nudge from the the King James Only and I'm still thinking about sticking by it. 

Here's a video from Chick Publications' David W. Daniels. Daniels has been in-charge ever since the Christian cartoonist Jack T. Chick went home to be with the Lord. I tend to use his line of reasoning that if I use the King James only then I don't have to refer to other versions. I still tend to think that the New International Version isn't as good as the KJV. Some conditional security preachers use the NIV yet some of its proponents are KJV Only. In fact, I can't always say that non-KJV only are unsaved by that basis alone.

I remembered my problems with the NIV was that the missing verses tend to be in the footnotes. A good example would be that Matthew 23:14 (which is cross-referenced in Mark 12:40 and Luke 20:47) Acts 8:37 and 1 John 5:7 is not found in the NIV. Some insist that these were actually marginal notes. So I wonder why are they rather footnotes (in some copies) than having been there.

I just thought that as much as I do listen to some of Dr. James White's sermons or his apologetics but I tend to disagree with him on his stand on KJV only. I decided to listen to this video. As much as I'm still having problems with NIV and I still tend to think the NIV is the Not Inspired Version - but I thought about that Steven Anderson is indeed a nutjob preacher. Anderson is a nutjob not because he's a KJV Only but because of his rather idiotic attitude.

What we have to consider is that not everyone who goes against the KJV Only movement don't automatically dismiss the KJV as an excellent translation. Pastor Armando C. Borja of Christian Church in Cebu is a Baptist preacher but he's pretty much not a KJV Onlyist. Also, some people got saved from an NIV preaching. I didn't get into the KJV until I started listening to an Anabaptist preacher who unfortunately has a controversy of fighting with non-KJV Only pastors. I may be KJV Only but I don't condone to fighting with pastors who aren't.

In my case, maybe I'm a moderate KJV Onlyist. I'd still embrace any non-KJV only Christian as a brother or sister in Christ. Some KJV Onlyists aren't even saved such as some Baptists I know who use the KJV all the while they adhere to Antinomianism. Some cults are KJV Only but that doesn't mean that they're saved. However, I don't have any reason to why I shouldn't talk about why I think a lot of modern translations aren't really as good as the KJV or to why I still think the NIV is not inspired either. It's like how Pastor David W. Cloud would embrace Calvinist Christians all the while he retains he doesn't believe in Calvinism and he's still KJV Only. Other KJV Onlyists have still endorsed some non-KJV only pastors such as Dr. John F. MacArthur and Ray Comfort. I still endorse some non-KJV only pastors all the while I still pray they will change their stance. 

See also: