I Used to Watch Horror Movies Every Halloween

I remembered the time I used to enjoy watching horror movies when I was still not yet saved. While I watched them for the sake of a thrill never mind that they also gave me nightmares. Yet I somehow enjoyed all these filth called horror movies.

These horror movies were laced with New Age doctrine, Roman Catholic superstition and/or folk superstition. Some of them mixed Roman Catholic superstitions with folk superstitions which some of them call it Santerianism. I observed how some of these movies not only use crucifixes and holy water to fight off the monsters but also the use of garlic and salt. Regardless of what was put and what was mixed they all were from the same deception of Satan.

They also feed the desires of the flesh. How often has it been that certain horror movies display a lot of sexual scenes or bloody violence? They can feed the sadistic mind's desire for blood or the adulterous mind and heart's lustful thought. Watching them has been one of the reasons why I still feel tempted to do inappropriate stuff.

Thankfully, there's Romans 12:1-3 with the command to renew my mind. I know I still get the temptation to indulge with them and when I do, I don't find it pleasing anymore. These horror movies should go to where they belong: into the fires of Hell by burning them with fire!