I Find Myself Tempted to Return Back to Dabbling with Superstitious Stuff But No Thanks

It's very easy for me to get tempted to do habits that I'm delivered from. Backsliding is not a joke and one of them involves returning to the occult. It's very easy for me to attempt transcendental meditation again when I'm feeling angry. Emptying the mind but not filling it with the Word of God only provides space for new filth. I feel it's very easy to return to believing in the foolishness of fortune telling to avoid disasters and to make decisions whenever things go wrong. It's just stupid to expect to go through life unscathed. This is because of the sin nature that I'm not yet fully delivered from. 

Bad things have been happening to me one after the other. I feel like the demons are mocking me, telling me because I dropped believing in occult practices such as Feng Shui and the Horoscope that these things are happening. I even get reminded of how Manny Pacquiao's loss was blamed towards his conversion from Roman Catholicism to Christianity. After I got saved and bad times came I was told that my decision to become a born again Christian led to my disasters.

As much as I'm tempted to return back to consulting horoscopes or going to astrologers my answer is NO THANKS. Why should I return to the use of horoscopes and going to various kinds of astrology to protect me from disasters? I find it all too selfish and stupid that people go to astrologers and consult horoscopes to find a smooth and easy path only to find themselves disappointed. Yet people still continue going back to astrologers even after the predictions fail. 

No, I don't want to trust in those nonsense of seeking auspicious and inauspicious dates. There's no scientific basis in what they do. All of them are nothing but random predictions. The astrologer may tell you it's a good day to go out but a hurricane strikes at the same day. Returning to all these superstition defeats my God-given common sense. Instead, I'd rather trust the Bible for what it has to say. When bad times happen I just remember what Job said that the LORD gives and He takes away. I can trust the sovereignty of God and if something bad happens and it's my fault, I must confess and let God restore me and acknowledge that He allows failures to humble me.