Am I Preaching the Truth in Love or Without Love?

There's one huge problem with having knowledge without love. I could go ahead and master the Scriptures. I could go ahead and start talking about how wrong their doctrine is based on the Bible and history. But if I don't do it in love then I'm nothing. This is what the Bible says about having all the knowledge in the world but not having love at all:
1 Corinthians 10:2 
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

While knowledge isn't useless but having knowledge without love is useless. It's like giving a sword to a person who has no self-control. The problem isn't knowledge per se but how the person handles the knowledge one acquires. As Paul would say that it doesn't matter how great you are but if you don't have love (spelled as charity in the King James) then you're nothing. It profits nothing for anyone to have all the knowledge of the world but have no love at all.

It just reminded me how some people tend to hate seeing me carrying my King James Bible. It's not because they can't stand the Bible but because I used to spend hours debating about doctrine. I would open the pages and start yelling the verses one by one in context. At the end I may have been right about what the Bible says but I have been wrong in how to deliver the message. It has ended up becoming the issue of a quarrel than the intent to warn the person. What's more shameful to think about is that there are times that the unbeliever is the one who's staying calm and professional while the Christian is the one who's doing the opposite. 

I've only become a defective witness if all I ever do is get into heated debates rather than do professional discussions. What I learned about arguing is that it only heats up issues. It makes people too angry to listen to me. I'm just getting mad, showing a temper tantrum and I'm going at full offensive mode against people who also need to be lovingly warned. It's just as misguided as people think the Gospel presentation should be done as seeker friendly as possible. What's worse is that I ended up seeing a video of how to do Roman Catholic apologetics in a professional way. If some Roman Catholic apologists can be dignified then what's my excuse?

Just right now my prayer is, "Lord grant me the grace to share the truth in love to people who least deserve to hear it. Grant me the power of your grace to be kind to the unkind, to be forgiving to the unforgiving and to share the truth in love and not out of spite. In Jesus' name. Amen." 

See also: