My Changed Perception Towards John F. MacArthur

Back then, I remembered I believed a lot of biased accusations from certain Independent Fundamental Baptist groups towards John F. MacArthur that he taught salvation by works, that he doesn't believe in the necessity of the blood and many more stuff taken out of context from his preaching. I didn't even bother to investigate Grace To You especially on his posts on Lordship Salvation which I wasn't aware of what the whole controversy was about. After I started reading through "The Gospel According to Jesus" and "Fool's Gold" as well as listen to some of his sermons, I realized MacArthur and me may disagree with King James only-ism but after checking his several posts, I really find myself agreeing with him at a huge scale. The accusations hurled at MacArthur pretty much unfounded and I just bought them hook, line and sinker before.

Does he really teach salvation by works and conditional security? What he emphasizes in his sermons is that if you're truly saved, works will follow. I agree with that, there's no problem with that. I have a huge problem with agreeing on Christianity Lite that softens down the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ or even the sinister doctrine of the continuous carnal Christian. Now Christians can be carnal in certain occasions but can they be carnal for the rest of their lives? It's just impossible especially where sins abound, grace much more abounds against it (Titus 2:11-14). Some of the accusations done against him can be from people who like me before didn't know much about his ministry or those who continue walk in their blunder of Christianity Lite. Christianity Lite wants an easy Christianity that accepts false converts as brothers and sisters in Christ which in effect teaches that grace is a license to sin. 

His methodology of preaching is very rare these days. Grace To You offers extensive verse by verse studies. If you want to study the Bible you've got to do it verse by verse. You have a good amount of exploring the Greek, the Hebrew and the context. The Bible wasn't always in English because it was originally written in Hebrew and Greek. What really fascinates me about expository preaching is that it really explores meaning deeper and deeper. I admit that even after reading the Bible cover to cover, I really can't consume everything in just one reading and I need to read it over and over again, seek to understand it more and that's what he does with his preaching and teaching style.