Listening to Some of the Late R.C. Sproul's Sermons During the Coronavirus Epidemic
I'm not enjoying the pain of the epidemic. Rather, I'm enjoying the presence of God as I endure the epidemic. The big issue is having to be self-quarantined isn't going to be easy. However, I do weigh myself more fortunate than the people during the London Cholera Outbreak of 1854. Towns under quarantine had no way to listen to Charles H. Spurgeon's sermons in the town that was providentially not under quarantine. I can't imagine how Christians under quarantine in other towns felt having to stay home at that time. The Internet doesn't necessarily have to be the tool of the Devil. Science itself in the right hands can be used for the greater glory of God. Internet today would allow me to listen to the sermons of dead godly men even after they've long entered into glory.
Right now, I think one of the ways to enjoy the quarantine is to spend time listening to sermons of the late R.C. Sproul Sr. on the Internet. I haven't listened to Sproul's sermons due to the unavailability of the Internet back then. Fortunately, thank God that Sproul's old messages have been uploaded. Sproul entered into the glory of God last December 14, 2017. Fortunately, I can listen to the old sermons of Sproul I haven't listened to even after he has gone home to be with the Lord. Seeing his work not going to waste in this day of grace is a good thing.
Ligonier.org's personnel were very careful to record as many of Sproul's lectures and sermons while he lived. Ligonier has many new sermons but nobody can deny Sproul founded the organization. God had mightily used Sproul for many decades. I may be a Baptist, I don't consider myself a Protestant, but I'm no Baptist Brider. Sproul himself has had a good friendship with Dr. John F. MacArthur a Reformed Baptist pastor. I may like listening to MacArthur's sermons but I do just ended up liking Sproul more even if I'm a Baptist.
Though none of his sermons can ever replace the good old Sunday worship service. By God's grace, now I can wait for the perfect time that God will allow the assemblies to assemble once more.