How Often Do I Forget that I Was Once a Dry Bone?

I am currently reading and self-studying Ezekiel for the nth time. Trying to fit in the timeline of the prophets can be confusing until you get a good commentary or historical guide. Ezekiel happened during the time of exile. The timespan of Jeremiah to Ezekiel is considerable. Jeremiah was living life from Josiah's righteous reign up to the failed reign of Josiah's wicked sons. Now, Ezekiel was a prophet during the time of the Babylonian captivity. 

Ezekiel 37:1-14 talks of the experience of the prophet Ezekiel with dry bones. Do I forget that I was once spiritually dead and that my only job is to proclaim the message? All Ezekiel could do was to proclaim the message. He could do nothing but just proclaim it. It was the power of God who did the revival of the dry bones (spiritually dead people) into His mighty army.

There are many times I forget that I was but part of that dry bones. There were many times I have read the salvation message while I was still a Roman Catholic but I never responded. I tried reading Revelation from a Good News Translation of the Bible yet I still thought I could save myself. It took some time for me to accept salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone then good works follow because I was still so full of myself.

The message of Ezekiel somehow further confirms the doctrine of unconditional election and irresistible grace. Can the dry bones respond to Ezekiel's preaching? Can I respond to Scriptural truth on my own? My answer is no. Instead, the reality is that it takes the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit. I can't respond if it wasn't for the power of the Holy Spirit. So why am I getting frustrated at dry bones who don't respond when I myself was once a dry bone?