Am I Aware That a Friend's Hurtful Correction is Meant to Heal Me from Foolishness?

I really remembered how I got too irritated with people correcting me for my behavior. I always grew up with the mentality of, "Oh, just mind your own business." Ever since I got saved - nothing was going to be the same. It would be a great mistake not to report wrongdoings. It would be a mistake not to correct a wayward friend. When you're a Christian - your worldview has to change.

I was thinking about Christians who didn't leave me alone when I did something wrong. I thought I was just "bullied" because I was told to shut up when I'm disturbing others. I thought I was just bullied because these people were supposedly more intelligent. I got mad and decided to confront them. Instead, they decided to ask me why I'm so sensitive to being corrected. I told them that it was reminding me of people that I wanted dead (but later forgiven by God's grace only). Then I was told, "I correct you because I am your friend. A friend is not someone who condones your wrong but wants to see you do right. I don't correct people I don't care about." That was my answer when I asked then why they never bother to correct that arrogant bully (and I pray that I've truly forgiven him enough) who had left the school a long time ago. They say that nobody made them lord over me but that as friends - they have the duty to correct fellow friends from error. 

But rather than listen (at that time) - I decided to falsely accuse them of supposedly working for the Vatican or as paid Jesuit agents with no proof whatsoever. Then I realized that the people were calling me to two things. First, it's repentance of bad behavior that I've been too accustomed to before salvation. Second, it's restoration to fellowship because bad behavior ruins it.

I thought of this verse that would make a lot of sense as to why I'm corrected while others are not:
Proverbs 27:6 - Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Here's how John Gill would view criticism from a friend:
Faithful are the wounds of a friend,.... That is, friendly reproofs; which, though they may be severe, at least thought so, and may grieve and wound, and cause pain and uneasiness for the present, yet, proceeding from a spirit of love, faithfulness, and integrity, and designed for the good of the person reproved, ought to be kindly received; see Psalm 141:5;

We end up correcting people we care about but we don't want to correct when we don't. It's like somebody you don't care about commits an extramarital affair and you just don't care. But if your churchmate or close friend is into an extramarital affair - you would definitely want to confront them for their sake. Seeing somebody you've been friends with walk wayward is painful. It's like a parent who truly cares about their child would chastise the latter while it's early. Not giving appropriate punishment for the child (that is discipline) is not real love. People who neglect to discipline their children act as if they hate their children (Proverbs 13:24). True love can't bear to see people in error but want to see people walk in the truth. As said, God disciplines His own. There's no point getting mad that I'm disciplined all day long while wicked men feast all day long. The prosperity on Earth is just meant to pass away. There's Hell to pay on judgment day for the wicked unless they repent and receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. 

Then I remembered the time a fellow corrected me about a long-time grudge I held against someone. I wanted to forgive the person but I got too constantly irritated by his tactlessness. I always felt that I was always under attack back when I was newly saved. I really felt like it wasn't them but God who was chastising me. Later on, I started to be more forgiving. Because if I can forgive two or three of my enemies then what makes that person so different? Every enemy is meant to be shown love and compassion. That said former enemy ended up becoming a very fine Christian gentleman today!

I was told if they didn't care - they would just leave me be. But they do care. In fact, Matthew 18:15-20 talks about the responsibility of rebuking your fellow Christian. You rebuke in private and for the sake of your brethren. You talk to a private location. You confront them about their sin. Nathan decided to have a private talk with David about his sin in 2 Samuel 12. Jesus' instruction to Peter was to rebuke the wayward. Peter having been given the responsibility as the first New Testament pastor had to learn much about conducting church discipline. The task has always been to confess your sins one to another (James 5:16)

Am I still bitter about being corrected when it's just for my own good?