Am I Trusting God or Myself?

It's another New Year and I don't think the world will get any better. The world is getting even more morally bankrupt but thank God for people who continue to resist it! Now, it's time to consider whether or not I trust God or myself.
Proverbs 3:5-6 
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

In truth, it's easier for me to trust in my own understanding than God. It's the problem that I tend to be too prideful to admit, "I don't know." There's a saying that one who asks valid questions is a fool for but a moment. One who never asks valid questions and never admits their ignorance is a fool for a lifetime.

Trusting God means doing what He says even when it feels humanly absurd. The Bible is considered humanly absurd by the unsaved. It's because the Word of God is spiritually discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14). The very idea of Jesus' death for sinners, resurrection from the dead and saving with His blood is disgusting to the unsaved mind. The plan of salvation may not require a man to work for it yet it's difficult for the unsaved mind to comprehend. But if God says it then you can trust it!

So where's my direction? Am I trusting God or myself?