How Often Am I Being So Thin-Skinned?

I decided to give myself another self-evaluation whether or not I'm being too thin-skinned in more than one level. I thought about the reality about it when people say, "You listen to your pastor but why aren't you listening to your unbelieving parents and elders when they rebuke you for your own good?" Then it really starts me to think about how thin-skinned I've become towards certain people especially when I'm reminded of my mistakes for my own good.

I think about it why is there the problem of being thin-skinned? Being thin-skinned doesn't go away so easily. In fact, it's a lifelong struggle such as every psychological disorder that people may have. Being thin-skinned may come from one's lifelong psychological learning disabilities such as Asperger's Syndrome or Attention Deficit Disorder - all these psychological disorders are results of the fall of mankind! Worse, they prove that man isn't basically good and that sin nature is indeed partly a genetic factor!

So why do I get thin-skinned at times? I find it so bad that I could respond to church authorities without a grudge yet why did I get mad at my friend who rebuked me for my own good? Why am I even falsely accusing so and so of being "paid Jesuit hacks" for simply offending me with what I needed to hear? Why do I find myself tempted to play the victim whenever I'm corrected for my own good? It just reminds me of how I wish I no longer struggle with these things yet Romans 7:14-25 discusses that Christians may not live in sin but they will still sin nonetheless. Sinning less doesn't mean one is already sinless.

It has become my prayer that I grow thicker skin by God's grace. If I were too thin-skinned then how can I evangelize? It reminds me of how I got too mad at an unbeliever for mocking me - never mind that Jesus told people to turn the other cheek. To turn the other cheek referred to how Christians are to deal with insults. How can I turn the other cheek if I don't grow thicker skin by God's grace?