I Have No Right to Blame God But Myself to Blame for Time Misspent

I was thinking about Ephesians 5:16 which says that one must redeem the time because the days are evil. How evil are the days? We live in a fallen world and that's why the world is filled with problems and life ain't smooth sailing. Many times, I still feel the urge to blame Adam and Eve that only if they didn't eat the fruit then the world wouldn't be like it is today. Sin brought death and destruction into the world and the days became evil as a result.

I thought of a number of times I am caught guilty of procrastinating. The worst thing I could do with procrastination is to really rely on my flesh to fight it. I couldn't deal with my sinful habits on my own because all my mind could think is "I will do it later." Unfortunately, such a mindset is what my sinful mind is capable of doing. I even think what's the use of receiving Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior if I still rely on my sinful self to fight off my old bad habits such as dilly dallying, being too lax with myself and not taking the initiative to do good?

Then I think about it - my bad habit of wasting time should be addressed to God. I can't just say that I will try my best not to waste time if being wasteful has become too much of a part of me. Instead, I could only say, "God help me to redeem the time!" After all, Titus 2:11-14 says that it's God's grace that brings forth good works. It's all about God's grace that I can redeem the time and not on my own because I've been too used to wasting time before I got saved.