My Thoughts on Arthur W. Pink's Use of Figures of Speech

I was reading through Arthur W. Pink's books and one of the best books is Eternal Security. It shakes away the idiotic ideas of Arminianism and Antinomianism. Yet, I also stumbled upon one book called The Antichrist. He rejects the view that many Reformers held that the Antichrist is a dynasty of Popes (I too, reject that view although the Pope is indeed an antichrist himself). Instead, he holds the view of the Antichrist as one person who will come to rule the world someday.

The book The Antichrist said that the Antichrist is Judas reincarnated. At first, I thought he was guilty of doctrinal error. It turns out that his phrase "reincarnated" isn't a literal reincarnation in relation to the heresy that a person can be reincarnated from the dead. Instead, he's talking about this is what he meant by Antichrist will be Judas "reincarnated":
The relation of Antichrist to Israel will be precisely the same as that of Judas to Christ of old. He will pose as the friend of the Jews, but later he will come out in his true character.

In short, it will be like comparing John the Baptist to Elijah. It's not a literal reincarnation. It's a metaphor. Yes, it does sound misleading and I wish the title of the chapter was written as "The Antichrist is another Judas" so it will be much clearer as some figures of speech can lead to confusion.