My Reflection on Isaiah's Vision in Isaiah 6

Isaiah's vision holds many wonders. How much awe the prophet had in God's presence! Here's the very words of the seraphims or six-winged angels that speaks the truth of God's holiness:
Isaiah 6:3-4
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole Earth is full of His glory. [4] And the posts of the door moved at the voice of Him that cried, and the House was filled with smoke. 

This is the threefold holiness. Why do we mention holy three times? God is one in essence and three in Persons - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1 records the Trinity's involvement in the creation of the world. God the Father couldn't be speaking to angels because the latter couldn't create. God the Holy Spirit already moved in the waters. John 1:1-12 shows us the involvement of God the Son in the creation of the world. Each Person of the Godhead (later termed as Trinity in modern English) is shown to be holy.

Isaiah could not help but see his unclean lips. It was not just an act of humility and repentance. It convicts me of how many times I have disgraced God whenever I utter something inappropriate:
Isaiah 6:5
Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone, because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.  

This was the feeling that Isaiah had. He saw his unfit condition. This is also showing the marvelous work of God to how he can change the behavior of people by His grace. Verses 6-7 describe that one of the seraphims flew and touched Isaiah's lips with a live coal. Wow, that must have hurt! But this shows the one quality God has - He doesn't call the qualified but He qualifies the called. Remember the excuses made and what God said to Moses? 
Exodus 4:11-12
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? Or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing or the blind? Have I not the LORD? [12] Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth and teach thee what thou shalt say.

This is the mission of Isaiah. He was going to be a prophet. It's a job nobody wants. He must have read all the incidents involving how Jezebel had the LORD's prophets executed, how miserable Elijah's life was and how the prophets were murdered by an unrepentant people. But he was called to do the job of a prophet. God makes no mistakes with who He calls because He qualifies them. It shows the power when God chooses the weak to do His job - to warn the Jewish people of their unbelief and their need to repent. 

What I've learned is that Isaiah's vision is that it's God who's in charge and not me. If he picks me it's not because of something I've done but because of what He's done. It really has me thinking that I should remain at all times. I haven't done anything to win salvation so why should I even think sanctification happens without His grace? Why should I think that a new life away from a life of sin is my own achievement? I have none of it. I do what God says and I will strive as a result of His grace (Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 2:11-14).