Am I Hanging My Inner Haman on a Daily Basis?


I have an inner Haman that I must contend with whether I like it or not. What is this inner Haman? This is the man that's full of self and the pride of life. Haman tends to remind me of my old self whenever I read the Book of Esther. I remembered having so much of a petty, big baby pride that would easily get offended when my pride gets wounded. That's what exactly happened to Haman.

I always wondered why did Mordecai refuse to bow down to Haman aside from the fact that he was a Jew. Further research had it that the people were commanded to actually worship Haman. Haman regarded himself as some kind of god. Mordecai knew better than to bow down to Haman in the act of idolatry. He knew he was a believer in God. He would never dare bow down to Haman as a god by the grace of God. This got Haman angry with his petty childishness.

Haman's pride proved to be his fall. You can see how he was hanged. He wanted Mordecai and the entire Jewish race dead for this reason - Mordecai would not worship him as a god. Haman's sons soon followed as they were most likely collaborators of such an evil scheme. Although Haman and his ten sons are in Hell now - the sin of Haman's pride is still very much around.

I ask himself, "Am I hanging my inner Haman daily?" I feel the need to do so and I want to do so. I want to send my inner Haman to the gallows of the cross where they are to be hanged at a daily basis. This inner Haman is a wicked spirit of arrogance that convinces me to follow my pride than to be in the path of humility. I pray to God to help me hang my inner Haman at a daily basis because it's going to ruin me one way or another.