Giving a Piece of My Mind on the Sinfulness of SINulog

I remembered how often I hear that Satan loves Christmas because he doesn't want Jesus to grow up. But the Christmas season is over and one of the worst heresies existing is the celebration of the Sinulog. Notice that I emphasized SIN in the title because the whole festival in itself is sinful. People tell me that I'm crazy and stupid because of the Sto. Nino is still Jesus. I would like to raise my objections to their claim that the Sto. Nino is still Jesus.

There's no child Jesus in Heaven. Jesus already completed everything He needed to do. The virgin birth is completed. Mary's role as His earthly mother is completed. He's already paid for the penalty of sins. All of these done when He was an adult in the flesh. Jesus is not reigning in Heaven as a child but at the right hand of the Father. John 1:1-3 says that the Word was with God and the Word was God. Jesus has always been co-eternal with the Father and it's not a child Jesus that's reigning.

This goes back to what Jesus warned in Matthew 24:5 that says many will come and say "I am Christ". Does this always mean that it's always going to be some cult leader claiming to be Jesus? I wouldn't dare believe that for this reason. There are many false portrayals of Jesus. The Watchtower Society and Iglesia Ni Cristo Jesus denies that He is God the Son. The Roman Catholic Jesus is someone who has become overly dependent on His earthly mother Mary. The Sto. Nino is no different. It's a Jesus that never grew up to do what He had to do.

Using the Ark of the Covenant as an excuse isn't going to go anywhere for this reason. It was well-hidden from the view of the people after it was brought in a triumphant procession. It was hidden in the Holy of Holies where only the high priest could enter. This is not the case of the Sto. Nino. It's not hidden in any form of Holy of Holies. The Jewish people didn't bow down to it in the temple. 

I could also mention the ecumenism involved. Buddhist temples joining in the Sinulog festivity? Not surprising. After all, some Buddhist branches even have their own false Jesus. They think of Jesus as a good teacher but never a the eternal Son of God. Some even lie that Jesus was a Buddhist monk or even portray him to be best friends with Gautama Buddha. It's not a surprise to see Buddhist monks and Roman Catholic priests join hands in charity work. It's not a surprise to see Pope Francis reach out to other religions. I'm not too surprised to see how the Sinulog is an ecumenical event. 

What was not surprising was that a Buddhist nun even gave respect to the Sto. Nino like she would give respect to any pagan god. Here's what she said as taken from Philippine Star:
Despite being a Buddhist nun, Yung Ling would bow to the Sto. Niño as a sign of respect whenever she gets the chance to visit the Basilica. 
According to Buddhist teachings, bowing to images, even those that are not of Buddhist origins, is an expression of gratitude for the teaching
Buddhism agrees with the moral teachings of other religions, is tolerant and not concerned with labels like ‘Christian,’ ‘Moslem,’ ‘Hindu’ or ‘Buddhist.’ 
“We also consider Sto. Niño with great wisdom, that’s why we respect the Sto. Niño,” she said, adding that she considers the Holy Child a source of inspiration which should be followed by everyone. 
Thus, Yung Ling felt the need to share the Sto. Niño to others, too, and brought the image to her homeland in Taiwan. From December 23 last year to January 2, Yung Ling brought the Sto. Niño to Taiwan and her delegation, the Young Adults Division, a Cebu – based performing arts group, participated in events such as the 2014 International When Buddha Meets the Gods in Buddha Memorial Center in Taiwan. 
For 10 days straight, she said, the group performed in different villages in Taiwan. 
“But in that ten days, nobody got sick. It was a miracle,” she said. 
“That is why, when you are giving joy to the people, the Buddha and Sto. Niño will help you, and you will not get sick, when you’re happy and you are giving people happiness,” she added. 
“With the Sto. Niño around, we can feel peaceful, confident, and calm. That is why we brought the Sto. Niño there,” she said. 
For Yung Ling, her religion is not a hindrance for her respect for the Sto. Niño. “The Sto. Niño has a big heart. I don’t feel different with the Sto. Niño. We only feel that from people actually. It is the people that create divisions,” she said. (FREEMAN)

It's already getting closer. The One World Church is already coming. Religions all over the world are seeking to become one claiming to worship the same God. I don't offer any apology when it comes to blasting out false religions. No, I don't serve the same God with other religions. I may sound like an Islamic extremist to the world but that's the truth. The only difference between me and the Muslim fanatic is that I don't believe in using force to spread Christianity. Radical Christianity means I will tell you the truth about Jesus even if it means suffering and death. It's insisting in the truth of the Bible even if it means living as an outcast in a world gone mad. 

This should be a call for Christians not to rest in soulwinning. People are going to Hell and they must be warned no matter how angry they will get. Jesus loves the sinner so much not to sugar coat the truth in the fear that the person will be upset. That's why I salute those brave street preachers who are preaching against the evils of Sinulog even if the media will portray them in a negative light.  It's now or never as people need to hear the truth before it's too late. 

See also: