I'm Afraid I'm Full of My Failures to Trust God Even for the Smallest Things

2 Kings 6:4-7 says, "So he went with them. And when they came to Jordan, they cut down wood. But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed. And the man of God said, Where fell it? And he shewed him the place. And he cut down a stick, and cast it in thither; and the iron did swim. Therefore said he, Take it up to thee. And he put out his hand, and took it."

When I think of the Sunday evening message that I heard, I'm afraid that I'm failing to trust God. I don't know if I'm having some direct demonic harassment right now or I'm just plain careless and God's calling my attention... but God has a purpose to allow either which. There's always the issue that if God gave me a river instead of a pitcher of water a day, He knows that I'll be complacent. Instead, He chose to provide my needs little by little. I want to have instant relief but that would mean broken fellowship with Him.

I believe every bad thing that happens is because I have unconfessed sin or I'm on the way to doing something sinful. If God allowed Satan to attack me then it may be because of some unconfessed sin that I haven't mentioned. Job may have been faithful but no sooner did he discover that he had some self-righteousness to deal with. He allows bad times to happen those who are His not only to expose to them their secret sins but also to keep them from sin. God always provides trials and tribulations to call my attention. 

I can say that there's still the problem of SIN. I may not be living like the rest of the world but it doesn't mean that I'm sinlessly perfect. Though I can't use, "But God is still working with me." to excuse my wrong behavior but it can't be denied that He's still working with me. I deserve every last bad thing that happens because while I'm not a slave to sin but I'm not sinless. Besides, God has every reason to keep allowing bad times so I'll be fruitful yet humble (John 15:1-8).

So what's all this trusting God even in the small things? I also remember the folly of Elijah. He got so prideful after he had the 450 prophets of Baal executed for their crimes (1 Kings 18). But what happened next was that Elijah was scared of Jezebel's anger (1 Kings 19). Just imagine that he won a huge victory but he soon got scared of Jezebel. David defeated Goliath but it took just one sight of Bathsheba to topple him down (2 Samuel 11). Many others fell down because they fail to trust God even for the smallest things.

Even I myself feel it. I believe whatever God is allowing with me right now is because I fail to trust Him even for the smallest things. Regardless, I'm glad God allows bad things to happens so I'll be humble and doing my Christian duty only for His glory. Soli Deo Gloria!