It's Not Easy to Keep My Cool in the Midst of False Accusations

It's very easy for me to say, "Where was God when Christians were killed for sins that they didn't commit?" It looks really awkward and I couldn't help but question God's justice. Many people today are so wicked but live very prosperous lives. It's not easy receiving false accusations left and right. Doing the LORD's job may mean losing one's head like John the Baptist or living a long miserable life like Jeremiah. The prophets were never living glamorous lives. The apostles were never living glamorous lives. The Christian was never meant to live a glamorous life. Part of the warning is that false accusations will come and go.

It's an annoying fact of life that a lie travels miles before the truth puts its boots on. Many false accusations and there's no evidence yet it's so easy to manufacture "evidence" usually based on hearsay. People today are so foolish to believe just everything they read from books or the Internet. It may even take a long time before the truth finally comes out in this fallen world. Satan and his demons will always use unsaved sinners to do their dirty work. What's even worse most people who do their dirty work think they're working for God. I even get so many false accusations and I want to either quit or worse enact revenge on the perpetrator never mind that God has never authorized revenge to the Christian. I feel like I don't want to show kindness to them never mind that I didn't deserve even a drop of kindness from God.

These false accusations may also come out as a result of logical fallacies like false dilemma and the use of strawman arguments. One of the worst examples would be how the doctrine of the perseverance of the saints is severely distorted by the Antinomians and conditionals security crowd. It's even worse that anybody can be right but the person who's in the wrong still insists to be right. It's really annoying that even after I show evidence against the lies but the lie still prevail no thanks to the mob. The mob think that if you're not with them then you're an idiot. I can't please both God and the rule of mob. I can't be both faithful to God and be popular with the world. If I choose to be faithful to God then I can't be popular with the world. If I choose to be popular with the world then I can't be faithful to God. In life, there are times that you may have many choices but there are also times you are restricted to only two choices. It's already expected that false accusations will come and hurt. Nobody enjoys being falsely accused as far as as the flesh is concerned. It's very tempting to get even and beat up or do serious harm to the the false accuser to teach him or her a lesson. I even feel tempted to get even with such people because my pride is hurt then I remember pride comes before the fall (Proverbs 16:18). 

There's one frustrating fact that I realized namely I could go ahead and gather all the evidences against any false accusation yet the one who's wrong may refuse to believe the facts. I can go ahead and start being right, brag that I'm right and say that I've got all the evidence with me and start shouting, yelling and showing a quarrelsome attitude towards the unbeliever puts me in the terrible position of preaching the right facts but in the wrong way. While sin will always be sin and it must not be tolerated at any cost but a self-righteous attitude isn't going to help. After all, isn't self-righteousness just as wrong as being a cheating publican or a harlot? Jesus may have condemned the publicans and harlots but He also offered them the free gift of salvation which changes their life. Jesus condemned any self-righteous behavior as much as every other sin. The Pharisees were indeed morally good in terms of society but they were also self-righteous snobs. If I start to show a hateful attitude then I'm no better than a Pharisee.

I usually find myself having a hard time rejoicing in the midst of persecution. Matthew 5:11-12 calls the man who's wrongfully persecuted and falsely accused for the Gospel to be a blessed man. Why should I get mad if I'm blessed? When a young pastor was ready to quit because of the whispering campaign, the great Charles H. Spurgeon told the former to instead rejoice and be exceedingly glad. Humanly speaking, it seems absurd to rejoice and be exceedingly glad about being persecuted wrongfully for the wrong reasons. It seems more "practical" to get out there and get even with one's enemies instead of loving them or to let them starve it when they're hungry and thirsty. The Bible gives a very different command towards one's enemies as they should instead be prayed for and loved instead of hated. While having fellowship with the works darkness is not called for then neither is an unforgiving spirit towards one's enemies. Ephesians 5:11 calls the Christian to reprove the workers of darkness but it must be done in the spirit of love and not hate.

If the saints of old endured all those false accusations so why should I think that what's happening to me is anything strange (1 Peter 4:12-19). Jesus already warned of persecution and hardship so why should I even complain? If there's anything that's comforting is that God is ultimately in control. Satan himself must first ask permission from God before the former can cause trouble towards Christians. Satan's power is limited by God Himself. Satan couldn't even touch Job until God allowed it first. If a Christian is still alive today it's because he or she is not shut down until God says so. Sometimes, God may even allow the Christian to even die as martyrs for the faith but there's the comfort of freedom from the old and sinful world that will soon pass away. Then I think to myself that if I complain to God then I'm going against His sovereignty and His will.