Politically Correct People Say I'm Very Narrow-Minded

"You're such a narrow-minded stupid person!" is one of the biggest insults that are hurled on to my face because I stand by the Bible. They say that I'm narrow-minded because I rely on the Bible as my only filter for right and wrong. Some people think that I read nothing but the Bible. For their information I don't espouse Solo Scriptura but Sola Scriptura. Sola Scriptura is the principle where the Bible serves as the standard for right and wrong. While I do encourage people to widen and deepen their mind but they must have the Bible as a measuring stick. Accept any idea that doesn't go against the Bible but go against every idea that doesn't agree with the Bible.

People complain Christianity is narrow. Let me tell you this truth that Christianity is narrow. Matthew 7:13-14 says, "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." I'm sorry but the way to life is narrow and broad is the way to destruction. I didn't say it. Jesus said it. But today's standards would say that would be very un-Christlike according to the politically correct people. That's a very twisted definition of what it means to be godly and Christlike isn't it? Romans 10:3 says, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God."

I'm sorry but Jesus said in John 14:6, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man cometh unto the Father but by Me." Again, Jesus' statement would be considered un-Christlike and unloving by the politically correct crowd. I'm sorry but Jesus said it that only He can send you to Heaven. The Bible tells us that we're not basically good and that our own effort to be good isn't enough to enter Heaven. For the world system, it teaches that humanity is either basically good, one's own "natural goodness" can deliver them from Hell or both are taught together. The Gospel is not for the arrogant but for the humble. What's so tragic is that most people value arrogance over humility. 

Truth really demand scrutiny. I really want every doctrine scrutinized by the Bible. This also means I insist every verse must be taken into context. I'm not surprised that expository preaching isn't popular because taking Scriptures out of context is more popular. Out of context preachers always get more attention than expository preachers. It's because when the Scriptures are taken into context then people must face the truth. What's even sadder is that even when they see the Scriptures are said in context they still don't want to believe it.