Is It Me or Do People Who Are Too Lazy to Study Their Bible Love Having Lazy Pastors?

As I read through John Gill's commentary in Numbers today my mind was struck with the thought of lazy people having lazy pastors. It's been a few weeks and I find myself slowing down my reading to savor the Word of God. I thought about how quack Baptist preacher Andy Stanley badmouthed expository preaching to be "lazy and cheating" but look who's talking. What pains me to think is that more people want out-of-context preaching because it's easier. I think such people are also too lazy to study their Bible. 

Whenever I get into a discussion turned debate with someone on the Scripture that person is always taking things out of their context. I'm still reminded of my debate with some person who kept insisting that salvation doesn't necessarily bring forth sanctification. Even after I showed him every verse I could he still dismissed me and started playing dirty with me. It was a very frustrating experience. Plus, I'm not surprised that person hates Charles H. Spurgeon who he also called a "Calvinist Jesuit" which is an oxymoron. I guess he hates the fact that the Spurgeon attacks any idea of false conversion, he wants to be comfortable in his sins and I believe he's too lazy to really study the Bible and only takes out a few verses. I really find debating with that guy to be so exasperating because of his insistence in his Scriptural error.

The pastor who's too lazy to study the Bible deserves to have a lazy pulpit as much as they deserve him. This pastor takes verses out of context to support whatever stupid doctrine he has. I don't think he really does a real exposition and if he ever claims to do any exposition just expect more nonsense than sense. On the other hand a pastor who's diligent to study the Bible deserves a diligent pulpit as much as they deserve him. Diligent people want to have the Bible fully studied. Lazy people only wants bits and pieces that are convenient to them. Likewise, diligent pastors want to make sure his flock understands the Bible in context. On the other hand, the lazy pastor only wants to hold to bits and pieces of the Bible that's convenient for him.