Sound Doctrine Hits Me Like a Fresh Cup of Coffee

Almost every day, it's very easy to hear unsound doctrine. Some even dare to say they're "sound doctrine" but what are they teaching? Some of these teachings that really annoy me because its proponents take the Scriptures out of context are like adding works to faith in Jesus Christ, Antinomianism, Pelagianism, Arianism, Nestorianism, Gnosticism or just anything that doesn't agree with the Bible. What's worse is that even after I point out the Scriptures in context, they still insist in taking the Scriptures out of context.

Arguing with such people is stressful. There are many times I fail to take the advice of 2 Timothy 2:16 to shun profane babbling which increases unto ungodliness. The reason is because of pride. I forget that I became a good person from a bad person not by myself but by God's grace. Salvation to sanctification is God's work. I claim nothing and can claim nothing because God's work is what made me a better person. Every lost sinner living a new life is by God's grace that makes them love to do righteousness and hate evil.

After a day of getting dizzy with unsound doctrine, I thought about reading the Bible and reading for sound doctrine. I end up thinking how a stressful day of refuting heresies and people don't listen to it is remedied by God's grace. What I do is that I read the Bible and listen to expository preaching. Unlike out-of-context preaching, expository preaching focuses on finding the meaning in context and not out of context. Just listening to expository preaching helps me get over the idiocy I endured from people who take Scriptures out of context.