I'm Tired of People Who Treat God's Word Like a Buffet!

It's amazing how people quote verses out of the Bible's context to justify heresy. Worse, such people may be accusing me of "rejecting God's Word to keep my tradition" when they're the ones who are doing it. While I'm aware that the New Testament doesn't follow the ceremonial law anymore, Christians may now eat pork and shrimp but the moral law stays the same. Just because God doesn't call for the death of homosexuals in the New Testament doesn't mean He's already condoned to it. What's morally wrong will always be morally wrong. I'm sorry but God hasn't changed His standard of morality even just one bit!

The problem is that people love to cherry pick verses and prune what they find uncomfortable. It reminded me of how shocked I was that the Ten Commandments forbade the use of graven images while it was removed from the official catechism of the Vatican. I was shocked to find out that in the Old Testaments priests were required to be married (Leviticus 21:13-14). 1 Timothy 3:1-7 requires bishops (pastors) and deacons to be family men! Even if the verses are there written in plain simple English they still refuse to accept the truth. I've always felt dizzy listening to verses taken out of context because I read the Bible in context. Even if you show them the verse in context, they still refuse to believe it. Some even claim to have some "supernatural revelation" just to keep their heresy.

I'm not surprised why people hate to read the Bible. When I wasn't saved yet, I really hated reading the Bible. It was because it showed me how sinful I am and how I'm not good enough for Heaven. The Bible attacks all three areas of sin without sparing a thought. It attacks the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. People don't want Sola Scriptura and say it's not Scriptural (HUH?!) because they want to insert their own traditions in it all the while they misquote Mark 7:8-9 condemning themselves in the process. When Sola Scriptura is taught their error is exposed and condemned without hesitation. That's why the Roman Catholic institution along with other pseudo-Christian groups try their best to use the Bible to "disprove" Sola Scriptura. Such people will only find themselves spinning around in circles because they never get straight to the point.

It's a sad fact that most people prefer out of context preaching over expository preaching. Out of context preaching is way easier than expository preaching. While out of context preaching may be easier but it distorts the message that God wants to be delivered from His Word. Expository preaching demands you to study the Word of God (2 Timothy 2:15). If you want to fully understand God's Word you must study it for yourself and stop relying on some priest or minister.