I Want to Know Christ Deeper Each Day

If you're truly saved then your life ought to change. I'm getting sick of people who simplify the presentation of the Gospel to the point that vital facts like Jesus is God the Son in human flesh, His death on the cross, His burial and resurrection are suddenly deemed "unnecessary" by such heretics. If there's anything that Christianity is, it's a continued walk with God. A true Christian has an ongoing, growing fellowship no matter how imperfect they are.

Revelation 3:20 says, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me." This is not a mere invitation to just say a simple prayer with one's unrepentant sins and then you can live like a devil for the rest of your life. Notice the words, "I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with Me." True Christianity is not just accepting Jesus Christ as Savior but also as Lord. If your Jesus is not Lord then you're not saved at all. The whole theme of salvation is that when you receive Jesus into your heart then there will be a change and there will be fellowship. As imperfect Christians are, they can't live like the rest of the world.

When I first got saved, I had my first view of Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Ever since I got saved, Jesus became the Lord of my life. I surrendered to His mercy and forgiveness. The act of giving up to Him was just the beginning. To become a Christian means to grow in grace, to be less satisfied with superficial views of Him and to seek to know Him more. Back then, I used to hate reading the Bible because that holy book knew all about rotten old me. But now I'm saved, I can't help but want to keep reading the Bible and know more about it. I may make bad mistakes or enter into the wrong places but I can't be satisfied by the world. This world can't give me the satisfaction and when I enter into any places that can be called as a Sodom, sin vexes me. Whenever I meet a mediocre view of Christianity, I'm so miserable until I get back on my track to know God deeper and deeper each day.

Since I'm only a sinner saved by grace, I still can't fully fathom the holiness of God. All I see myself is that I'm not worthy of the slightest drop of mercy yet He saved me. He owes me nothing and I owe Him everything. Knowing Christ deeper each day with the Father and the Spirit is becoming more and more of a delight than a task. Yes it's a task but a task that's a delight for every saved person. No one can be saved and be satisfied with superficial views of Christ for an entire lifetime. Christians may fall into stagnant periods but the Father always finds a way to keep them back on track.