No Thanks! I'm Not Following My Own Heart!

It's a common theme today to, "Just follow your heart." My answer is no thanks. Do you know why I hate the idea of following my own heart? There's one thing that I can guarantee: apart from Christ I have no power over sin, no direction from sin and I'm just wayward without Him. I don't get saved just so I could be left alone and I have to do everything myself. When  person gets saved they are bound to have the Holy Spirit to guide them and convict them of sin. 

What do I trust instead of my own heart which was long corrupted by sin? Here's what the Bible says:
Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

I don't trust my heart. Instead, I decide to trust in the LORD with all my heart. The heart of sinful humanity is sinful and destructive. I'm thankful that God doesn't just call people but He also qualifies them. Instead, I trust the LORD with all my heart because only He replaced my stony heart with a heart of flesh, to give me the heart to love God and to do His bidding.