I've Been Called an Antinomian and a Legalist!

When it comes to false accusations, I've noticed that it's usually for one's own convenience than a result of unverified information. I remembered I was told that I became a born again Christian because I wanted a license to sin. After I started getting particular about sin and what to do and what not to do, I got accused of being a legalisic Pharisee after that!

I was called as an Antinomian because I uphold the biblical truth that salvation is by faith alone in Jesus Christ. While it's true there are people who use Sola Fide as a license to sin but I uphold that true faith results to good works. The doctrine of eternal security is so perverted and attacked by two parties. One party believes you can get saved and remain the same which teaches Antinomianism directly or indirectly. The other perverts eternal security and distorts it that it immediately teaches a license to sin in a series of Nom Sequitur arguments. What I emphasize is that salvation can't be lost but if a person claims to be saved but never changes, then there was no salvation to start with.

I was also called a legalist was because I opposed sins that my former Roman Catholic churchmates enjoyed doing. For a lot of my former comrades, it was so okay for them to party all night, go to disco, drink hard liquor, listen to filthy music, gamble, commit adultery - they lived like they had a license to sin. All they had to do was confess their sins to the priest then they're supposedly "forgiven". I thought you said I taught a license to sin and now you're saying a legalist? To be a legalist may also mean a person who judges conduct in adherence to precise laws or strict adherence to law by letter and not by spirit and not necessarily somebody who adds works to salvation.

In short, many false accusations against me are pretty much self-contradictory. While it does irritate me but it can also make me laugh. Here's something that the Holy Spirit always tells me whenever I'm falsely accused:
Matthew 5:11-12 - Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.