Times When I Fail to Pray as the First Resort

Just because a person becomes a Christian doesn't mean they're sinless. True that they can't live like the rest of the world but they're not immune from failures. I always thought of this horrible truth that it's easier for me to pray when I'm in trouble than when's not in trouble. It's a real problem when I end up praying as the last resort than the first resort. 

When I reread Psalm 34:1 it says, "I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Job acknowledged that his trials in life were from God. Although he had some degree of self-righteousness that needed to be purged out, he still humbled himself. I can't even say I don't have any degree of self-righteousness and my painful experiences make me more aware of how much self-righteousness I have to get rid of as part of sanctification.

What trials teach me is also this is that. Pray, pray and pray regardless of circumstances. For me to pray when I'm in trouble only is to have a certain degree of fair-weathered behavior towards my Heavenly Father. As prayer is Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication that means in thanksgiving it shows that prayer should be my first resort. How many times have I really made prayer my last resort? I can't tell but I'm glad God's loving hands are there to chastise me. I can't do without His loving chastising and grace that makes me better.