By God's Grace, I'll Still Keep Praying

I remembered back when I still thought about why does God allow difficult times and why doesn't he promise an easy life? The whole reality can be summarized as this, "He never promised an easy life." Then I remember Psalm 34:1 saying, "I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth."

It does sound tough. It seems to make sense murmuring when times are hard. But if there weren't hard times, I don't think anybody can appreciate God's blessings. I always felt like giving up because God seems unfair. But salvation hasn't always been about fairness but mercy. While God will eventually judge sin but raw justice will save no one and damn everyone. God's standard of holiness has always been whether you sinned or not in contrast to what I used to think that His standard was other people vs. me.

What does it mean to bless the LORD at all times? It's not to be stupid or to be a glutton for punishment. Instead, it's all about thanking God for whatever situations you're in. Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." God doesn't work without purpose or plan for those He had called unto His purpose.

I feel like every time God allows me to undergo bad times, it because there's still sin that I haven't discovered in me or because He wants to make me better. Plus, after trials one develops a stronger habit of prayer. I felt that every time something bad has happened I'm reminded to pray. When it's over still pray. It does sound stupid with the natural man but I can hear God say, "Pray, pray and pray no matter what happens, never forget to pray."