Something I Need to Remember in Times of Disappointments

I really have my tendency to say, "God why can't it be smooth-sailing?" Then I end up getting the conviction in an inaudible voice saying, "Can you point anywhere in my Word that I'll make your life a smooth-sailing one?" I couldn't answer because there is NOTHING in God's Word that promises smooth sailing. If Jesus never had it smooth sailing then neither will His followers. Jesus was rejected and so will His followers. Jesus was accepted by the repentant and so will His followers. 

So what's with disappointments? I always felt like God is calling my attention. Whenever something bad happens, I really feel like, "God what's wrong with me?" I can't expect to be perfect this instant even if I'm already saved. I may not live like the rest of the world because I'm saved but there's still lots of works to do. The more I think of my disappointments, the more I realize God is really calling my attention because something needs to be fixed.