I Get Annoyed at Sinful People Who Think They're Oh So Righteous!

One of the worst things that my ears hate to hear is when somebody says, "Sir, I'm the most righteous guy around!" When I think of what it means to be self-righteous, it means you're righteous in your own eyes and not by God's standards. Many people think they're righteous people even when their lifestyles suggest otherwise. You have homosexuals who think they're righteous, you have thieves who think they're righteous, you have extortioners who think they're righteous... and you name it insert type of bad persons who think they're righteous. It's really that annoying!

I remembered how many Roman Catholics can answer something like, "Look preacher, I'm getting annoyed at you attacking me, calling me a sinner. Who are you to judge? Why are you without sin? Look, the parish priest loves me. The nun who instructs the choir loves me. My parishioners think I'm a good man. So what if I'm having an affair and an illegitimate child from another man's wife? All my religious works outweigh my bad!" After showing James 2:10-11, the person can go ahead and change topic saying, "Oh, doesn't that prove works are necessary to stay saved?"

It's amazing really how many people indulge in sin and thinks they're righteous. A truly righteous person by God's standard wouldn't indulge in sin even if that person isn't sinless. David sinned and he had genuine repentance. Many who live a pattern of sin and think they're righteous don't. They just perform penance for the license to sin all they want all over again. Now who's really teaching a license to sin?