I Can't Expect God Not to Break Me Before He Can Make Me Better

When I was newly saved, I remembered facing several trials and I just didn't understand why. It wasn't until I started reading more of the Bible. I remembered the details of Job and just didn't understand it. Back then, I still thought if you're in a good state then you're good and if you're in a bad state, you're bad. But after that, I started reading Psalm 73 one can see that the wicked are indeed allowed to prosper. It feels unfair, I remembered singing "Amazing Justice" instead of "Amazing Grace" never mind that I didn't deserve forgiveness and salvation.

Being saved doesn't mean you're instantly sinless. Instead, being saved means entering the sanctified life. To be sanctified, God will humble the person no matter how many times it takes. Job's trials were meant to remind him that he had some problems with self-righteousness. Job was given all the trials to test and purify him. If God tested Job then He will certainly test Christians. He will break their pride in one way or another. He may even take away material blessings to bring Christians to their knees so He can work to make them better. 

I know it's painful, I know it's going to be hard but how can I appreciate God's help and mercy if I don't pass through the pain first? Nobody can appreciate clean water until they've been under the heat of the sun. Nobody can appreciate triumph without tribulation. It's because the human mind and flesh are corrupted that it requires daily purification. I know God has His reasons for breaking me. I have sins I don't know about and there are times I don't do well so He does everything to make me better. Thank God for such trials.