I Have No Reason to Consider Worldly "Christianity" as Christianity

I have observed how Christianity today is distorted, many people think that Jesus never offended anyone and to be Christlike means to offend nobody. Somebody even told me that Jesus supposedly never told anyone to believe in Him or go to Hell. Such "liberals" tell me that I'm not "loving" and that I'm not showing the "beauty of Christianity" whenever I preach with the hard to believe truth. They say that those who attack other people's religions and beliefs are not acting like Christlike. Worse, they even say that if I start acting more like Jesus then the world's going to love me more. The biblical truth is the more a person becomes more like Jesus, the more the world will hate that person. John 15:18-19 shows that Christians will be hated by the world. If the world loves its own and hates Jesus then the followers of Jesus will also suffer.

Such people have a distorted view of Jesus Christ. They believe in another Jesus. They don't believe in the Jesus of the Bible. What happened to the Jesus who said in John 14:6 that He's the only Way, the Truth and the Life? For them, that Jesus doesn't exist. They have a Madison Avenue Jesus. But 2 Corinthians 11:4 says that those who preach another Jesus are teaching a damnable doctrine. The Jesus I believe in has offended a lot, He wasn't a crowd pleaser and He spoke about sin as it is to sinners as they are. Jesus didn't adjust to the crowd. Instead, He requires the crowd to adjust to Him. While there are times people must adjust to the crowd but when it comes to Jesus, it's you who should adjust to Him.

A cheap Christianity that offends nobody and requires no sacrifice and costs you nothing is worth nothing. After reading Foxe's Book of Martyrs, I wasn't surprised because Jesus already spoke of persecution for His name's sake. In the beatitudes of Jesus, He also said in Matthew 5:11-12 saying that Christians are to expect persecution if they expect blessing. He never promised a life that was happy, healthy and wealthy all the time. Anybody who says Jesus did is really teaching another Jesus. The true Jesus of the Bible never promised an easy life so I shouldn't expect an easy life either.