Ugh, I Hate Seeing "Your Best Life Now" Sold in Christian Bookstores

It's a good thing I've stopped having biases towards John F. MacArthur and that I bought his book "Fool's Gold". Unfortunately, the book didn't really cover on Joel Osteen's "Your Best Life Now". I admit I used to listen to Joel Osteen back when I was newly saved. I realized that he was actually teaching a lot of garbage that I stopped listening to him. As I grew in my Christian life, I realized that one of the biggest marks of false preachers is to preach according to the viewpoint of the world.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 warns, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." It's truth indeed that if you want to be a popular pastor, speak according to the viewpoint of worldliness. Speak according to the lust of people and you'll be exalted by the world. And that's why Osteen has his best life now. His book is also sold and is a best-seller in Roman Catholic bookstores! 

Luke 6:26 warns, "Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! For so did their fathers to the false prophets." True prophets were hardly accepted but by a few. Whenever a true prophet came in, he wasn't welcomed. Jeremiah 5:31 still rings true that people love to have it so with people like Osteen. People don't want sound preaching. It's all warned in Isaiah 30:10 that people would rather have a comforting lie than the bitter truth.

Besides, I really want to think about it that if I wrote a book, "Your Worst Life Now", I guess there's going to be much less buyers. Maybe those who read MacArthur's books would like it. Those who read "Hard to Believe" would buy it but I'd suffer a lot of lashes for writing an unpopular message. I have every reason to say, "No thanks! I know I won't have my best life now. I'll definitely have my best life later in Heaven."