What I Think of Getting Sick on a Sunday

So what's with being sick on a Sunday? It should be annoying because I want to go to hear the preaching of God's Word but I'm sick.  I thought about it whenever I go to church and I'm well but one of my church members is sick. I thought of one Sunday where the pastor's son (who was also a pastor) preached the Father's Day service because the pastor was sick. Then I think about that I couldn't go to attend fellowship whether it's the morning or evening service because I'm sick. It's a constant source of frustration for any Christian to be sick on Sundays of all days.
Matthew 26:41 
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

There is the frustration that the Christian life's worst enemy is one's self. I don't deny Satan and his demons are my enemies but I can't blame them when I sin. Eve tried to blame Satan but God didn't buy it one bit. If Eve can't blame Satan for her sin then neither could I blame him for my sins. I want to listen to some good old sin busting and God loving preaching but I'm sick. Too sick to get up and too sick to even pay attention. Listening to Christian radio doesn't replace good old fashioned church services and saying "AMEN!" to the preaching. What's worse is when the pastor is sick and is probably in bed. He wants to conduct services but he has to stay home or go to the hospital because he's sick. 

I think about why I get sick. Ever since the fall the world hasn't been the same. Work was ordained before the fall and it wasn't a burden. Today, work can be both a burden and a delight. I like doing work but I tend to hate it whenever there are lazy and inconsiderate people in the workplace. It's pretty much a result of the fall and I'm sick maybe because of some unconfessed sins. I believe that every time something bad happens to me it's part of God's loving chastising. I can't be certain why he allows me to get sick but there's a reason behind it. I guess it's time to spend time alone with God if one's contribution to the community has been very poor. 

But I guess there are times God wants us to spend time out of the community and to be alone with Him. It's probably what I'd call maintenance. Sometimes, I think that when I'm sick on a Sunday maybe it's because I did something like what Miriam did. Miriam was chastised with a seven day leprosy to humble her. God may have allowed Joseph to pass through hardship in Egypt because he may have been getting haughty without knowing it. God uses pain and suffering to keep the Christian humble when they become proud. God doesn't want hot air balloons but He wants humble children because He knows pride comes before the fall.