I Remembered Being Told That Reading the Bible For Myself May Drive Me Crazy

I remembered reading the Good News Version of the Bible while I was still a Roman Catholic. It was a Roman Catholic translation yet even that, I wasn't allowed to read it on my own. But after I wanted to know God more as a Roman Catholic, nothing filled my curiosity than the fact that the Bible is the Word of God.

I started reading that Roman Catholic translation of the Bible at my own pace and I felt the thunder and lightning. I hated the Bible because it knew all about my sins. When I started reading Revelation first, nothing scared me at the thought of the world ending soon and I wasn't good. I really started to panic at the thought. I tried to be "good" all I can but I realized I got sick of going to Mass, I got sick of the sacraments... they offered nothing but emptiness, a lot of people in the Roman Catholic system were living like they have a license to sin. Nothing was more true that I was ready to become an atheist or I was about to become indifferent towards God. I lived a whole lie, Roman Catholicism cursed me since childhood and then I realized somewhere in my life, the only way I can escape from the burden of sin and be liberated from sin was by faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ. 

What always made me think is that it's really one of the worst lies that people will go crazy if they read the Bible. They even say only the priests as the "church" (Roman Catholic) has the right to interpret it because it was supposedly founded on Peter. But the truth of the matter is that it wasn't really the real reason. They had all their excuses because in truth, the Roman Catholic positions of authority actually placed themselves above the Word of God. Whenever early Baptists and other Christian groups prior to the Reformation showed up they were hunted down like animals. It's because they showed Roman Catholics copies of the Scriptures and told them how they can have eternal life. To share the Scriptures was treason towards the Pope himself. If the people realized that they were misled then there are chances that some of them would leave. Some remained stubborn in spite of being warned from the pages of the Bible. Because of that, more and more offices were created like the Inquisition and later, the Jesuits became an essential part of the Counter-Reformation hoping to stop the Reformation. That's why I say the Reformation isn't over as long as there are Christians who really stand firm by the Word of God!

If the Bible makes me go crazy then tell me do the people in mental hospitals really know much about the Bible? Did the crazy people during Jesus' day know anything about the Bible? The answer is really no. Most people today are mentally crazy because they reject Jesus. They even say that I've become more of a loon because I carry a Bible anywhere. I would read the Bible as much as I could based on a reading plan. Then I started reading it cover to cover now it was time for me to stop drinking milk and go for hard meat. The more I read the Bible the more I realize that most people today are crazy because they reject God's Word. Many are religious lunatics not because of the Bible but because they reject the Bible. Today, I love that Bible (and I'm reading from the Puritan translation called the King James Version) and I want to read it all the more and I'll never outgrow it. Instead, it outgrows me more and more. Plus, I can be confident in Sola Scriptura because it didn't cause the biggest divide. Rather, it was because people rejected the Bible as the only standard for morality that has created several cults from Roman Catholicism up to several pseudo-Christian groups that get erroneously lumped with the true Protestant Christians or born again Christians.