Giving a Piece of My Mind on the Roman Catholic Doctrine of Mary

Roman Catholics tend to tell born again Christians, "All you see is Semiramis! We don't worship Semiramis! She's Mary!" Well here's my response to them that although I do agree that they are NOT praying to Semiramis, they call her Mary but there's one huge problem with their claim. Even if they aren't praying or any pagan goddess but the way they treat Mary of the Bible is that she's treated like a pagan goddess. I agree that they're not praying to Semiramis or any pagan goddess but I can't agree with how they treat Mary as if she was a pagan goddess.

I can agree with Roman Catholics that Mary the earthly mother of Jesus is not a pagan goddess but that doesn't mean she's right now the Queen Mother in Heaven nor does it justify praying to her or the Rosary. Praying to anyone but God is idolatry and I don't care to who you're praying to because if it's not God then it's idolatry. Nothing in Scriptures ever defend her ascension, coronation much less her "immaculate conception". If she were sinless, why does she call God her Savior? If she were sinless, she wouldn't even need to offer a burnt offering. Roman Catholics may say, "Well that proves she's sinless!" But in reality, offering a sin offering is for sinners. Mary knew shew as a sinner fallen short from grace. Mary's awe before the angel Gabriel may have even made her think how unworthy she was of visitation. Mary may even be the star for the Calvinist doctrine of election. Isaiah 7:14 prophesied a virgin will give birth to the Messiah in His humanity. She became that virgin who gave birth to Jesus in His humanity. While she's not the mother of God but she's the mother of Jesus in His humanity.

Roman Catholics say that they're just respecting Mary but sad to say most of them don't realize it that they're actually praying to her (for those who claim they don't) or that they actually worship her. Like it or not the truth is prayer is inseparable for worship. Roman Catholic prayer books even write on top, "Prayer to Mary." or "Prayer to the Our Lady of (Insert Title)" to any prayer for Mary. It's really horrifying how Roman Catholics are self-deceived into believing that they don't worship Mary when they do.

A prayer by the late Alphonsus Liguori also writes:
Most Holy and Immaculate Virgin! O my Mother! Thou who art the Mother of my Lord, the Queen of the world, the advocate, hope, and refuge of sinners! I, the most wretched among them, now come to thee. I worship thee, great Queen, and give thee thanks for the many favors thou hast bestowed on my in the past; most of all do I thank thee for having saved me from hell, which I had so often deserved. I love thee, Lady most worthy of all love, and, by the love which I bear thee, I promise ever in the future to serve thee, and to do what in me lies to win others to thy love. In thee I put all my trust, all my hope of salvation. Receive me as thy servant, and cover me with the mantle of thy protection, thou who art the Mother of mercy! And since thou hast so much power with God, deliver me from all temptations, or at least obtain for me the grace ever to overcome them. From thee I ask a true love of Jesus Christ, and the grace of a happy death. O my Mother! By thy love for God I beseech thee to be at all times my helper, but above all at the last moment of my life. Leave me not until thou seest me safe in heaven, there for endless ages to bless thee and sing thy praises. Such is my hope. Amen.  

The prayer above is really idolatrous to the core. Not only is Mary exalted above honor to the point of worship. All that trust that should have been in Jesus Christ the eternal Son of God is placed on Mary who's a sinner saved by grace. Poor Liguori's in the flames of Hell and Mary never could do anything to save him.

What's worse is that while they claim, they don't worship her then why am I seeing that they're actually ascribing titles that should have belonged to the Triune God ALONE? Please look at the following which come from "Litany of the Blessed Virgin" and "Litany of Loretto", both Roman Catholic sources:
  • Mother of God
  • Conceived without sin (please check on 2 Corinthians 5:21)
  • Our intercessor (please check on 1 Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 7:21-25)
  • The ark of the covenant
  • Gate of Heaven (please check John 10:1)
  • Our life, our hope, our salvation
  • Queen of Heaven (please check Jeremiah 44)
  • Glory of Israel (please check 1 Samuel 5:29)
  • Morning star (please check Revelation 22:16)
  • Our Help (please check Hebrews 13:6)
  • The way, the truth and the life (please check John 14:6)
  • Author and finisher of our faith (please check Hebrews 12:2)

Calling her the "mother of God" implies she's above God. Even if they say, "Well we don't teach she's God." I agree but God has no mother. Yes, she's the mother of Jesus in His humanity. Worse they say if anybody doesn't accept all the lies about Mary that the person hates Mary, is telling Jesus His earthly mother wasn't important and has chosen to be a motherless child. It really shows how Satan loves to blind people with such lies.

The bigger problem is that Mary is a dead woman thus many Roman Catholics may not realize they're already guilty of necromancy. Yes Heaven is a very alive place but only God can listen to prayers. Mary can't do that. She can't intercede between her and Jesus. What might be often misunderstood or ignored is her only commandment in John 2:1-12. In John 2:5, Mary only told the people, "Do whatever He tells you." That's her only command. Jesus no longer called her mother but woman. Catholics may say, "He called her woman because she's worthy." Yes she's worthy but they can't even give a good answer why He no longer called her mother. Mary when she said "Do whatever He tells you.", it's clear she wants people to realize she can't intercede between her and Jesus. People must go directly to Jesus and not pass through Mary first.